At Infant Jesus School, we are continually asking children to do their personal best. Excellence is a core value that motivates children to expect great things of themselves and of each other.
Alan McLean in his book “Motivating Every Learner” (2011) states that “motivation is the glue that holds everything together, the hub around which most school developments can be considered. It’s a way of thinking that needs to permeate the whole school about the power of motivation in the classroom and about the core conditions for effective teaching and learning. It is both pupil and teacher motivation. It resonates with, supports and wraps around many current initiatives and so is a unifying focus to schools and authorities.”
The purpose of education is to prepare people for a meaningful life. At Infant Jesus School, our goal is to develop a learning community which fosters lifelong learning and an attitude which promotes achievement of full potential in an environment embedded in our Gospel values.
At Infant Jesus School, we believe that:
• Children are competent and bring a wealth of experiences and knowledge to the learning task.
• Learning is a life-long process.
• Our community fosters an attitude which promotes achievement of the full potential of all individuals in an environment embedded in our Gospel Values.
• Children work independently and collaboratively on their individual learning journey.
• Learning is individualised. Each person is supported to take risks and develop an attitude of responsibility for their own learning.
• Motivated students make the classroom more engaging and inspire them to #ExpectGreatThings
© Infant Jesus School 2017
17 Smith St, Morley WA 6062
Tel: (08) 9276 1769 | Fax: (08) 9276 2998